Friday, October 23, 2015

What I'm reading and watching!


Harry and I had a little spate of going to the show there for a few weeks - well, two movies isn't really a "spate" but for us maybe it is!

Anyway, Harry wanted to see Bridge of Spies, so off we went.  As you can see, it had Tom Hanks - and a cameo performance by Alan Alda, always a treat to see him - although he didn't crack any jokes!

It was a well-done film - the LA Times and the New Yorker agreed with us too!  That doesn't happen often!  It was pretty tense, well-acted, and had a lot of "feel good" moments too.

I'd say give it a look-see and tell me what you think!


Somehow the new Grisham novel got by me without any fanfare - I usually order it weeks ahead of time.  Saw a full page ad in the Times for the day it came out - and ordered it on Kindle.  

It's actually kind of a disconnected string of stories - they come together - except for the first one - it seems very random in fact - at the end.  Although it's vintage Grisham, it's not his best work.

It did keep me up late finishing it however!

Note:  Re-reading the blog for errors, I noted that I had reviewed the novel The Martian - upon checking, I had not - I only reviewed the movie.  The novel started slow for me - and actually ended slow until I started skipping all the scientific stuff!!  But it was a good read - didn't detract from the movie either - actually enhanced it for me.

So now I'm looking for book number 56!

No comments: