Monday, December 21, 2015

Book number 60!! That's it for 2015!


My goal for 2015 was to read 52 books - which amounts to one a week.  Someone posted the challenge somewhere, and I picked up the gauntlet!!  I hit 52 books a few weeks back, and thought I might as well go to 60 - which amounts to 5 books a month!!  (Somehow that sounds like more!) Also, I sort of need to be reading a book all the time - how else do you pass time in waiting rooms, doctor's offices, and post office lines?

This last one was a random suggestion from Phoebe - I was texting her about some titles she had thrown out to me when we were up there visiting and she threw out a few more!  But I dare not start a book at this point in the holiday season - even mediocre books have a tendency to get me wrapped up in them and I read - and do not much else!

So this one - about which Phoebe said, "I enjoyed this one - but then I think I had low expectations!" was an entertaining read - mostly.  It did bog down with some "preaching" about dreams and expectations - but I am able to skim that kind of stuff.  It started out better than it wrapped up - often a problem with current fiction.

But it's good airplane fiction!

What will be my challenge for 2017?  104 books?  120 books?  

I think I should commit to trying to just read library books!!

No comments: