Tuesday, December 29, 2015

number 61


Well, so much for not reading another book in 2015!!  Hannah had read it and talked about it - so I got it on Kindle - and the rest is history!!

And much like "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie," I now feel like I need to see the movie!!  Hope it sticks around for a bit so I can get it on my calendar!

Don't know much about this writer -  he has been short-listed several times for the Mann-Booker Prize - which says something good about him! And his prose is easy to read - somewhat lyrical - and for a man, he does a great job of writing from a woman's point of view.

But I'm not sure that I agree with some of the reviewers who were waxing eloquent about what a love story this was - it seems to be more a story about the times and the cultures.  

Maybe that is what love is about!

I may try another of his books.

No comments: