Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Forging ahead with Poldark!!

  
I have been forging ahead with the Poldark novels - and am thinking that they are getting less compelling as I go along.


Although they are still a great read. I would not want to put anyone off.
 

I was reading some reviews - actually trying to get some answers - and noticed that many fans are in agreement with me.  And it makes sense - writing a 12 novel series takes a lot of time, skill, and talent.
 

Reminds me of the Hornblower series - every novel was not great and compelling - but as a body of work, they were.  The plus here that overrides Hornblower for me is that there are many more well-developed characters and sub-plots - a wonderful ingredient when you are plowing through a stack of novels.

And I'm still convinced that the best way to learn history is through some well-researched novels!!

I heartily recommend these books.  

And can someone tell me just what potion Elizabeth took??

No comments: