Tuesday, November 01, 2016

The end of the line . . .


The Poldark novels - in order - are:

Ross Poldark
Demelza
Jeremy Poldark
Warleggan
The Black Moon
The Four Swans
The Angry Tide
The Stranger From the Sea
The Miller's Dance
The Loving Cup
The Twisted Sword
Bella Poldark

And last night I finished the last one!  I knew I'd regret it - now what will I read??

A great saga - replete with romance, history, culture, the American Revolution and the War of 1812, Napoleon, the French Revolution, the Cornwall Coast, the history of mining in Great Britain, ad infinitum!!

Not to mention a stunning cast of characters that are fully-formed and who seem like people we wished we had known!!  (Watching the show helps give them shape and form - although I just don't picture George Warleggan the way they show him in the series.)

A friend commented that what she loved about the novels was the way it painted a true picture of familial relationships - the good and the bad, the successes and the failures - and I have to agree with her.

Won't go into details - because that would be full of spoilers - above all else, it is a well-told story!

Go ahead and start!

2 comments:

bonny with a Y said...

how do you feel about hamiilton?

grannybabs said...

I know little about it - was going to buy the cd and noticed it said "explicit" so I hesitated - is there a vidangel version I wonder??