Monday, November 14, 2016

This Week!


I love the New Yorker magazine. We have subscribed for many years, and I would not be truthful if I said I read it all the time. I do peruse the cartoons each week. Always check out the movie reviews. Often check the book recommendations. Sometimes read the fiction. Don't always get through the very long articles - which at least have the distinction of going "straight through" - you don't have to skip ahead to pages at the end to finish an article.

They had this great cover - but the content was still pre-election. In "The Talk of the Town" there was a blurb on Karen Civil - of whom I had never heard - but then I have never heard of quite a few people - my popular culture score is a low one - and she said "It's really about continuing the legacy that Obama started. I know we still deal with racism and being divided, but he makes you feel like this is one nation, with his demeanor, his swag."

I felt like "Bingo" she said what I have been thinking. I admire President Obama - I am an unabashed fan. I have read his books, I have watched his speeches and his press conferences, and I feel strongly that history will bear me out.

Just wanted to get that out there. If you disagree, I don't want to hear about it. I don't even know if anyone reads this blog.  Thought of going on FB but decided not to.  This isn't a forum for collecting amens, I just wanted to go on record!

3 comments:

bonny with a Y said...

Amen

Karen said...

I love that cover! I also admire Pres. Obama.

Karen said...

I love that cover! I also admire Pres. Obama.