Wednesday, November 23, 2016

What I've Been Reading! And Watching!



After finishing all 12 novels in the Poldark series, I was convinced there wasn't anything else to read!!  I went to the library and looked under Anne Tyler - who's usually good for a readable novel.  Got The Tin Can Tree.  It was her second novel. It was pretty well-written, but the storyline was not very compelling - or believable for that matter.  Wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

I saw a novel called The Wall on a display at the Arcadia Library.  The premise sounded compelling - one woman left alone as the last human being on earth.  It was translated from the German.  I read maybe half of it - then read the end and called it good.  Wouldn't recommend it either.

Did luck out with the latest John Grisham - bought it at LAX - and it kept me engrossed for the whole 4 1/2 hour plane ride - the best airplane fiction I'd had in a while.

It's great to be able to count on the John Grishams in this world!

For the plane ride home, I bought 4 magazines - they kept me engrossed!

For the trip to Portland, I had The Condition by Jennifer Heigh.  Someone left it in my little free library. It was not great literature - and not really excellent airplane fare.  But it sufficed.  I wouldn't particularly recommend it either.  And I couldn't find a photo of it online either!!

I could do with some recommendations folks!

No comments: