Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Latest read


Needed something to read for my recent plane trip - and got this on Kindle.  Then, somehow, the formatting didn't allow it to be read on my Kindle.  I could read it directly on my iPad, which I did - but it was a little more convoluted to bring it up. Frustrating to say the least!

But I read it when I got home - and it started slow - as other books of Ann Patchett's do - but it did become compelling.

The author weaves a great story - long, circuitous, complex, sometimes a little difficult to sort out - that is ultimately satisfying.

A review I read issued a caveat about the story - it involves a death from a bee sting - and suggests that if you or a loved one has bee allergies, you might not want to read it.  The death is actually not represented as factually as is apparently true about bee stings. But I thought it added a certain level of complexity to the story.  Didn't know about the medical inaccuracies when I read it!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I do enjoy seeing what you are reading. Sometimes I think I should blog about what I read, but sometimes, with school, kids, (life!) my reading slows down quite a bit, and posts might be far spaced. Have you heard of Litsy? It is an app for readers to share books they have read. I heard about it from my girls.