Wednesday, February 15, 2017

What I've Been Reading Lately


Harry alerted me to this really excellent read!  The premise - this is a novel - is that Charles Lindbergh has run against and defeated FDR for a 3rd term in office.  The results are chilling - especially in light of today's political climate.  It is a good read!
 

Needed a book to read after my flight was delayed yesterday - fun to browse in the Sam Weller Bookstore at SLC Airport.  This was not a literary masterpiece - it was even a little hackneyed - but it was great airplane fiction.  I got home with over half of it read - and instead of unpacking, doing laundry, sorting mail, and even fixing lunch for myself - I read!

Sometimes you just need a book that keeps you in your chair with your feet up - it's out there in my Little Free Library now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should bring it to AZ so I can read it on the plane ride home!

grannybabs said...

Will do - or do you want Hidden Figures?

Anonymous said...

Both, please!