Friday, March 01, 2019

56 years ago at this time!

So, 56 years ago at this time, I was a recent high school grad who was working at Century Records Manufacturing in Saugus, CA.  It was a job - and actually an interesting.  I was the expediter at a plant that manufactured phonograph records. 

LA Unified used to graduate students each semester - and I was a January grad. I had been accepted at BYU, but not until September. In retrospect, I'm not sure why I didn't consider going up mid-year. Probably I couldn't afford to. I had a scholarship but needed housing and eating money.

Some time I ought to blog about my experiences at Century Records - before they had a name for it, I was the victim of sexual harassment - but I didn't even tell anyone - I assumed it was the way life was.

My education wasn't only at school!

No comments: