Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Month of Gratitude - days 25 and 26


For two of my summers as a college student, I worked as a playground recreation leader for LAUSD. I had fond memories myself of going to the playground in the summertime, so it didn't seem a lot like work.  We did have a weekly inservice on Wednesdays, but they were fun and instructive. In fact, the first time I went, I was in a group with my former 4th grade teacher - was really great to re-connect.

I also coached the 6th grade girls volleyball team - me, the non-athlete, coaching a team.  But it was fun - I got a book and found out the rules - and instructed the girls - they were good - they just needed a cheerleader. 

I am grateful for a summer of fun and learning - and these little girls came to my wedding reception later that year!

No comments: