Sunday, May 17, 2020

The New Sabbath


This is NOT a photo of some lovely ladies in our family waiting for virtual Sunday meeting to begin! But it could be. I wonder what my mom and Marjorie would have thought of "virtual fast and testimony meeting?" I suspect they would have been good sports about it. My mom stopped going to church often at the end of her life. It was hard for her to hear. Once she discovered the BYU channel's offering of online Sacrament meetings - minus the Sacrament - she preferred them - she could hear and she could pause them if there was an interruption. And I suspect the quality of the speakers was a little more consistent!

I don't mind the virtual meetings - certainly better than no meeting! And in these isolated times, it's great to see faces - even if they are on screen.

I find that if I clean up and dress up a bit, it's a better day too. I have tried to text and call to connect with people. Write letters, write posts, it is usually a very calm and quiet day - I enjoy it. 

Hopefully our "re-entry" will be gradual enough that it won't seem like too much of a shock!!

No comments: