Friday, May 19, 2023

A special day in May!



 May 19th is my mom's birthday - and our grandson Lee's birthday too. I recall wishing that I had been born on my mom's bday - they are only 4 days apart. And hoping that I might share a birthday with one of my kids. 

But my mom had a couple of grandsons who shared a birthday with her before Lee was even a twinkle in someone's eye - and it didn't seem real significant to her. And ultimately birthdays are often just another day in the week. 

But it's good to stop and think about someone and their impact on your life. My mom definitely impacted my life - and I would be hard put to be able to adequately explain that impact. Suffice it to say, I think of her often - as the years go by since her death, I think daily of a question I'd like to ask her. Because the answer would be helpful now! Simply reflecting on her life always brings insight.

And Lee is a delightful little guy. I am significantly older than him, and when he's a teenager, I will be pushing 90 so he might not find my presence in his life incredibly significant. But that doesn't mean I can't enjoy watching him grow - he is a beautiful boy - and truly brings me joy with his smile and his chatter and his absolute love of books and puzzles. 

And his conviction that he can do anything he sets his mind to.

No comments: