Sunday, June 17, 2007

Your Dad - often ready to "edify, to instruct!"

I'm not sure who's edifying who here!! (Henry and Grandpa T. at Harry and Dawn's for Eve's blessing in 2002.)



In honor of Father's Day - here are some truly random photos of you kids with your dad - and some grandkid shots - that were either easy to find, seem to stick in my memory bank so I can find them easily, or I just like them, or both or all three.

And you really wouldn't do that if your dad were here!! (Now would you??)


Dad with Bonny and Harry, probably in 1973 - recognize the couch??

Bonny with Dad in the 90's - at their house I think! This picture sits on the counter in the kitchen - one of my faves also.

This is someone's wedding - but I don't remember whose. Maybe Pheobe's??

And speaking of Phoebe, here's Dad with Phoebe at the beach on a trip to SoCal in 1978. She ate a lot of sand that day - seemed to love it!

Dad with the newly- born Eliza, 1983.

And then Dad with Eliza at her baptism in 1988.


And this shot above, which has a "gap" below it that blogger will just not let me erase, is Hannah on her blessing day in 1985. I love this picture of your dad - it's one of my faves.

Hannah with Dad at her baptism in 1993 - right after he was called to be bishop. And we need a beard shot.

Below, this is Dad with Noah at St. George in 1987.

And then here's Dad with Noah at the Roadshow in 2000, I think.


Dad with Noah and Phoebe at Brian Head - July of ??

Dad with Ara, in 1997 - the first grandchild!



We really need an updated grandkids picture - this is December of 2005.


Dad with the next Harry - November 28, 2006.

And with Theo - and the "faux hawk!"

And the "Mystery Boy or Girl" coming in July will break the grandkids tie - who will surge ahead - the boys or the girls??

Happy Father's Day to you - and you and you and you and you - and you know who you are!!

7 comments:

Phoebe said...

Happy Father's Day Dad!

hanner said...

That picture of Bonny and Harry as little kids is so funny... Harry and Porter look so much alike to me! And then Bonny looks like Ara and Annika did at that age. Funny. Anyway. Love you Daddy-o.

hanner said...

PS, I think that picture is at Erika's wedding. Am I right?

grannybabs said...

Actually no, since we identified the temple as LA - so it must be Phoebe's wedding - your dad also wore that tie to Phoebe's wedding.

hanner said...

If it was 1999, it wasn't Phoebe's wedding, since she got married in '98. I don't think that looks like the LA temple! I still think it's Erika's wedding.

grannybabs said...

I don't know the year at all! But I think you are right, because I just checked the photos from Phoebe's wedding and Harry is not wearing a bow tie in those.

I need you here to go through lots of photos with me - you could probably identify many dates for me!!

Eliza said...

Yeah, that's definitely not the L.A. temple and it definitely is the Bountiful temple and Erika's wedding.