Thursday, December 10, 2009

A lovely Christmas tribute -


A businessman in Maine has been donating 5,000 wreaths to Arlington National Cemetery since 1992. I think it's a really lovely tribute.

No author was mentioned, but the photo had this caption,

"Rest easy, sleep well my brothers.

Know the line has held, your job is done.
Rest easy, sleep well.

Others have taken up where you fell, the line has held . . .

Peace, peace and farewell . . ."

Dad and I commented how much we have enjoyed seeing more of our nation's capitol - I find myself feeling more and more like it is part of my heritage too. I think everyone ought to have a chance to feel that way.

1 comment:

Karen said...

What a beautiful picture and a wonderful tribute to those who have served our country.

I would like to spend some time in DC some day.