Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's Resolutions


Karl is here staying with us - amid all the chaos - doesn't seem to bother him though. In fact, he's pretty good with the kidlettes - he must be vying for favorite uncle status!! Anyway, he asked me if I'd made any New Year's resolutions. I told him I pretty much make resolutions every day - and then the next day need to make them over again.

Browsing through my photos, I came across this one-year old photo of Ara - who will be 13 years old next month!! This idea staggered me for a moment. While we were bowling today, the topic of being a teenager came up - well, it came up when Eve brought it up - she said, "I'll be a teenager soon. Well, in a few years."

I so vividly remember awaiting Ara's birth, watching her grow, watching the bevy of beautiful grandkids grow too.

Maybe I will get more serious about some resolutions so that I can thoroughly enjoy the wonderful blessing that is grandchildren.

No comments: