Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Believe it or not!


According to the notation on the back, this is a photo of my dad, taken in the summer of 1934. After visiting with my Uncle Byron on Sunday, he commented that after his mother's death in 1934, Ted went to Salt Lake for the summer, and Dad went to Logan, Utah. My mom thinks it was Roy, Utah.

Byron was supposed to go to Springville but refused. So he spent the summer living with Uncle Paul - who was 20 years old at the time.

Up close, this doesn't look like my dad to me - but someone said it was! Obviously he spent the summer working on a farm!

Dad told lots of stories about living on the farm and working - too bad I didn't take notes!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

That does not look like dad. Leslie

grannybabs said...

Mom said it was - and so did Byron. If you look closely, you see a resemblance to Charlie!

Maybe we just can't imagine Dad at 17!