Tuesday, July 27, 2010

When the stars line up just right!!


I remember as a young mother - and even as a middle-aged mother - how I would plan the days so that I had time to myself. Most days it worked out pretty well. Some days everything went wrong.

But today, the stars were all lined up just right - Henry was at Cub Day Camp, Calvin was invited by the neighbors to go to the lake.


Agnes, who can sometimes "resist" her nap, fell asleep right after lunch. On the couch yes, but asleep, so who's complaining??


Baby Sully dozed off too - and so I sent Phoebe downstairs to take a nap. And I laid on the other couch and read!!

Just like the old days!!

5 comments:

grannybabs said...

I keep hoping that this is a new pattern that will continue after you go home!

grannybabs said...

And that was Phoebe talking!! But I hope so too!

grannybabs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eliza said...

Ahhh. I am still in that phase of life where it happens most of the time...I get at least an hour to myself almost every afternoon. Thanks to Theo, who still naps (or if he doesn't, will lie down for an hour).

Sounds like a cozy day!

Karen said...

I'm out of that stage now, but remember it oh so well!