Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Here we are together, together, together . . ."

I am getting into a rhythm here at Matt and Eliza's. It's good to know I'm not inflexible and set in my ways. (Don't say anything if you know me well!!)

I was thinking of "snapshots" of life here - ones I don't have literal snapshots for:

Ida singing "Happy Birthday day to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Ida, Happy Birthday to you," as she stands at the sink washing her hands. (Her mom tells her to sing Happy Birthday so she will wash long enough for it to make a difference.)

Theo opening the mailbox - with a key - on our daily mail run.

The statue of a little girl reading in the midst of a lovely, overgrown flower garden that we see when we go on our daily mail run. (I need to take a photo it.)

Collecting "rocks" on our daily playground runs.

Swatting insects - this lush greeness comes with a price!

Snuggling with Theo on the couch - he starts by scooting next to me and then putting is arm through mine!! This little guy could grow into a heartbreaker!

Ida's supreme independence - her tenacity will indeed hold her in good stead as the years go by.

The way baby Lars melds into your frame as you cuddle him. He is a sweet, mellow boy - may he stay that way!!

Seeing how well and carefully Eliza cares for her family. She was always a thorough and thoughful child - and now she's a thorough and thoughtful adult.

"Daddy's home!!" as Matt arrives each evening. He is a gem - the kids seem to know that!

I do miss Harry and the drier clime of SoCal, but I would not want to have missed this opportunity to be here! I'm willing to pay the price!

I'm off to stitch up an apron or two - it's just not a Grannybabs visit if I don't make at least one apron!

No comments: