Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Latest read -


I'm a little behind in my church reading - but Dad's reading group has been reading this weekly in their study sessions and he was talking about it.  I got intrigued when he noted the inclusion of a name from my past - Jim Keysor Sr. of Century Records - where I worked after high school.

It's a great read - Sheri Dew is a fine writer.  I recently finished the bio of President Monson - I think I'd better get going - backwards I guess - the only other bios I've read of prophets is Spencer Kimball's and David O. McKay.  I have some reading to do!!

I guess I had forgotten that the life story of a great man makes for stimulating, uplifting reading!!

I also know that since much of what is written here involves names, places, events, and stories I've heard before, there is an inherent interest factor.  I especially found it poignant and emotional to read about his visits to Vietnam during the war.  President Hinckley had seen enough of war and the tragedy it engenders - but he wanted to be sure that these young servicemen knew of his love for them.  

If you haven't read it - put it on your list!!

No comments: