Monday, July 23, 2012

To toss, or not to toss!


In the process of sorting through a very large number of photos - that span a very large number of years - I have come across many a blurry, badly composed photo.  But upon reflection, if it represents a time and place that I don't want to forget,  it doesn't get tossed.  

The above photo is one such photo.  The back says Christmas of 1979, but I think it's 1980 - for one thing, Phoebe looks a lot older than 2 here!  It was such fun to be back in CA.  It was such fun to hang out with Leslie once more - and to have her there as "the aunt" for the girls to enjoy.

"Big" hair was coming into vogue.  And Leslie had such lovely, "big" hair.  Overalls were coming into vogue also - Bonny's were pink.  And Strawberry Shortcake came on the scene.  She would figure significantly in Phoebe's childhood experiences.  Who wants to forget that?

You can see why it's taking me so long to get all these photos sorted!


4 comments:

Amy Girl said...

A huge task indeed.

Tom Frederickson said...

It can't be 1980. I was on a mission thru that entire year! Leslie. And I still love Big Hair!

Tom Frederickson said...

It can't be 1980. I was on a mission thru that entire year! Leslie. And I still love Big Hair!

grannybabs said...

Maybe it was 1979?