Saturday, July 02, 2016

Latest summer read


There has been lots going on in my life that has precluded getting much reading done.  So I decided to go looking for a book to put on my Kindle.  Amazon does have my reading history right at its fingertips, so it usually has a list of recommended books for me to read! 

Since I had read and enjoyed Mr. Pettigrew's Last Stand, the idea of another book by the same author seemed like a good choice.  I frequently "stick with one author" and it's been mostly a good idea. This was too!

This story is set in the time period before Britain entered World War I.  I've read a number of novels about that war - you know, "The war to end all wars!" It was indeed a tragic event - one that shaped world history in ways we may never fully understand.

But this story, though not "lightweight" or "lighthearted," is light enough to enjoy, but definitely thoughtful and thought-provoking.

I'd recommend it!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I gave this a try after you wrote about it here. I really enjoyed it.