Monday, March 27, 2006

Monday, Monday, and it's almost Tuesday!!


I scan through all the old photos and think, "On Eliza's b-day I should post this," and "On Halloween I should post this," and "On Easter I should post this," - I'm sure you get my drift.

So what should be my criteria? Should there be a criteria? Or should it just be serendipitous? Or should I have a master plan? What shape would that master plan take? Maybe by families? By years? By events? By individuals? By gosh this is getting out of hand!!

Here's a shot of some of us in front of the house on Lime - actually we are waving at the house on Lime. The occasion was blessing Eliza. Which makes it July of 1983.

The criteria here is obvious: Thin people are happy people!! (I am always amazed at how thin I was in another life!! Harry reinforces that too - I might say, "If I lost 25 pounds - to get to my wedding day weight - I'd be a stick." And he says, "You were a stick. But a cute stick!")

9 comments:

hanner said...

People in short shorts are happy people.

I really love this picture right now.

bonny with a Y said...

i remember this event and this picture, it so happy - and i love happy.

and being thin does make you happy, because you looks better in clothes, and cute clothes can fix almost anything.although i know plenty of skinny sad people.

but i definitely eat to compensate for sadness or stress.

i didn't use to - i guess that says something about growing up, or maybe i never used to have stress.

this is a rambling comment, but oh well.

Amy Girl said...

Barb, I love your coherent ramblings on the how tos of organizing pics. You have given me hope that I too will get to my many pictures some day, just not today, or tomorrow, or the next!

Being skinny/fit is a funny thing. One just feels sooo much better. I think it is all about the control now for me. I hate the feeling of coming undone, and excessive consumptions of food make me feel that way.

I loved that truck.

Eliza said...

I'm surprised no one mentioned the fabulousness of everyone's shoes in this picture. That's what I noticed first!

bonny with a Y said...

true, lots of strappy sandals, even ernie. dad - you were missing out.

bonny with a Y said...

whoops, i'm just blind, those are tennies.

D. Scott said...

That dodge is the truck I took my drivers test in. 3 on the tree(it was a pain!). I drove it into the ground after my mission. Aww memories.

Karen said...

Who's on the right?
That truck was a killer to drive.

grannybabs said...

that's La Denea!!