Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tuesday Times


There are 16 Young Women in the photo from Girls' Camp 1998 - except I am thinking now that it is 2000, because I am almost certain it is from right after Harry's wedding - because of the young lady who joined us after her stepmom was so impressed with the lovely young women who served at the reception.

At any rate, there are four young women there about whom I have no current information. 3 of them are non-members and one could be active now for all I know.

Five of them are in a not-very-good place. Three of those five fall under my jurisdiction as Relief Society President, and it saddens me that we have not been able to effect any change in them.

So that leaves seven young women who are moving forward in their lives and making wise choices and giving us much to rejoice about. They are all at different points in pursuing degrees in higher education. Two have married in the temple. One has served an honorable mission. They are happy, resourceful, righteous young women. I am proud to have been their leader for many years at Girls' Camp. I delight in knowing them.

But I am still sad when I think of the nine.

4 comments:

The Mom said...

How do you find time to do all this? It is all I can do to read all. Do you scan in old pictures? Anyway I love all your work.

grannybabs said...

I do scan in old pictures. It's a kind of therapy for me - I can't seem to get to my scrapbooking, so I do this!

hanner said...

I like how we all look incredibly tired in that picture.

Eliza said...

Hey, this is scrapbooking of sorts.

That is 2000. Approximately 3 days before I went to college.

It's interesting how we're involved in people's lives for a short time and then have to let them go, sometimes not knowing where they're going or what they'll do or whether we affected them at all. But then sometimes we find ourselves back "in the picture" with each other, as it were (pun unintended but I had to point it out) with more opportunity to do good--or at least to do what we can. At any rate, I know that regardless of your ability to effect change in any given person, you have been able to affect minds and hearts in dozens of them. Hundreds, even. How's that for an editor's comment?

P.S. No one will EVER know how Barb finds time to do all that she does. You're fantastic, Mom!