Sunday, July 08, 2007

Setting the record straight . . .


Somewhere in bloggerland, it is noted, erroneously I might add, that I don't know how to French braid hair.


Well, folks, I am here to set the record straight!! In the summer of 1980, Bonny went to a church camp with her good friend Krissie. And she had a good time - it wasn't an LDS camp, but they were good Christian folk with high standards.

And as a result, any Terrill worth their salt can sing "I am an M, I am an M-O, I am an M-O-R-M-O-N-L-D-S, L-D-S, and I have C-H-R-I-S-T in my H-E-A-R-T, and I will L-I-V-E-E-T-E-R-N-A-L-L-Y."

Bonny also came home with French braids in her long blond hair. And she wanted me to learn to do it. I kept protesting that I didn't know how to do it. One rainy Saturday, we were sitting in the house on Lime watching an old movie on T.V. and she told me to try braiding her hair. "You just have to do it over and over again and practice and then you can do it."

And then we went camping up Santa Barbara way after Christmas - and used Uncle Bill's motorhome too. It was rainy and cold - I think that was the one year the Rose Parade got rained on.

And I sat in the motor home and braided hair until the girls decided I had it right.

I may not do it perfectly (i.e. snugly and tightly), but I do indeed know how to do it!

Let the record reflect the truth in this matter!

That's all I have to say.

3 comments:

Eliza said...

If I had known what wrath I would unleash I never would have made the thoughtless comment about you and French braiding. You haven't French braided my hair in probably 15 years and my memory is a little fuzzy. I am sure they were fantastic. You are right, I think I just didn't like the clips in the back. I was a picky child.

grannybabs said...

It isn't really "wrath" per se, but I just like to get credit where credit is due - and it was a good reason to post this fuzzy, faded picture - that I really like.

bonny with a Y said...

ahhh-such memories. although i did not particularly enjoy camp - i was so homesick - which surprised me - i'd never been homesick before.

but i do love that song. ara loves it too.

and i'm glad you learned how to french braid - i remember watching a shirley temple movie while you were practicing.