Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wedding Fashions Over the Years

There appeared to be some response to the photos from Alice's wedding - so here are the lovely gowns from Lyn and Roseann's wedding in 1966. I actually cut mine off to be a street length dress and wore it to church a couple of times - but it still seemed to yell "Bridesmaid's dress!" (It was a linen blend.)

I like how girls do things now like skirts and tops - so you can at least separate the parts and recombine them so the outfits aren't a total loss.

I remember Joan had a closet full of bridesmaid dresses - a "dress up" treasure trove if there ever was one. I especially remember an emerald green silk sheath dress - I wanted to be old enough to wear it with panache - I never was at a point where I would have done it justice - but then again I used to imagine being Miss America!!

And below are the dresses from Joy's wedding, also in 1966. They were velvet and crepe on the bottom. That dress was a total loss - I didn't like the color! The things we do for our friends!

And Joy ended up divorcing Dale, so all those lovely studio shots are probably gathering dust in some basement! (This is obviously not a studio shot!!)

5 comments:

joanfredpaulscott said...

I remember the green dress. I wore it at a wedding up in the Hills of Beverly Hills. The girls name was Joanne. That is all I remember, except that I was in a lot weddings!!

Eliza said...

I am actually a big fan of Joy's bridesmaid outfits, including the colors.

Just thought I'd give you my $0.02.

mrs. barlow said...

i am in the Mo. its enjoyable, i am missing Hannah her talking to me in her sleep and Lucille bitting my hair but i will be back in our yellow house on monday. will i see you at church on sunday?

bonny with a Y said...

mom - you need to go blonde again - and it's time to bring back the mini veil.

eliza? hannah? phoebe? are you all up for it? maybe at church new year's weekend.

grannybabs said...

Melanie - I am leaving for Phoebe's on Saturday and will not return until the 28th - so I will miss you! Will you be in Provo for the Graduation festivities??