Sunday, June 08, 2008

Locks of Love


Lynnel D. is a teacher at my school. She teaches Social Studies and leads the choir. She's a card-carrying SAG member. I like her and enjoy working with her. She's good about accommodating my kids with disabilities.

So when she decided to finally cut her hair to give it to Locks of Love, she came up with a great plan - students and teachers could buy a raffle ticket for a chance to cut off her pony tail. The money went for ASB activities.


I bought a few tickets - but didn't win. Here she is with her shorn pigtails. She got a free style job at a local salon afterwards.

And who says public education is on the skids??

We aren't a California Distinguished School for nothing!!

2 comments:

Alice said...

What a great thing to do. Aspen has done it twice and is working on a third time. Hair is good for something.

grannybabs said...

I was going to try it - but my hair seems to grow too slowly these days - I'm cutting it on the 21st for the wedding.