Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The perks of teaching SPED

So the school year is winding down . Today we had the 8th Grade Awards Assembly - three of my kids pictured here got awards - I am really proud of them. And a half dozen other kids who are on my caseload but not in my classes - some are what we call "watch and consult" so I just do yearly IEP's on them - got awards too. I was the presenter for two of the awards.

Another winner you would have recognized at the 6th and 7th grade awards assembly was Keanna McGlone!!

And Molly got a Science Achievement Award - Ashley said she was texting Robyn throughout - they are long assemblies - about all the people she recognized from high school who were there as teachers and parents!! (Phoebe, do you know Tameika Carter??)

Here we have Harry and Dawn's neighbor Melanie - and her brother got an award too.

You will recognize a Gutierrez family member and Kelly Shaw's niece Bailey - I tried to nab Kelly, but I missed her!

Here's Kelly Synold - to make you old babysitters feel really old!

A set of triplets got Perfect Attendance Awards - and so did two sets of twins!

Here's Ricky with his mom and dad - I will miss Ricky's ready smile and wonderful attitude as he heads off to the high school.


Packing up for the summer!! I am ready!!

You will recognize Scott Card - helping me box up books.

The school year flies by every year - and so does summer - so I'm going to try to enjoy it!!

3 comments:

hanner said...

Kelly Synold, that does make me feel old! Even seeing Bailey up there, I remember babysitting her for a few days when I was in 7th grade!

bonny with a Y said...

i wish our shool was getting out this week!

and bryce looks just like i remember his dad looking.

Kellyry said...

I saw you at the beginning of the assembly, Barbara, and looked for you at the end to say Hi. Sorry we couldn't connect!