Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hanging out in the 'hood!!


The neighborhood where Eliza and Matt live is lovely. Maybe I'm just a Westerner who is impressed by all the trees!! But it was a lovely time to be there - the leaves are turning and the chilly breezes brought showers of brightly colored leaves cascading around us - for our viewing pleasure!!

Theo and I took quite a few walks to the various parks and playgrounds that seem to be in abundance there. There was a John Deere tractor of some sort that seems to be a permanent fixture in one of the parking lots - so I'd let Theo climb up - it really made him happy.


Even fake steering wheels give him lots of pleasure.


I liked this sign in one of the play areas!

I was thinking that kids do understand how to put first things first!! Or maybe the grown ups who designed the park understood! Or both.

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Cute pics, Mom!

You are right...I love our little 'hood. Even if it is a little bit 'hoodish, at least the trees are nice and there are plenty of places to play.

Eliza said...

By the way, I'm glad you were finally able to come visit during nice weather. Every time you have come has been when "all the leaves are brown [or completely gone] and the sky is gray."