Monday, October 13, 2008

looking back through time


So, while we wait for names, here are some newborn shots of Eliza - so maybe the new Miss Selander will turn out to look a bit like her Momma!

Actually Eliza looked different than all our other kids - she had less hair for one thing. And she seemed to have more Terrill or Porter in her than Clayton or Stevens.


This was the day she came home from the hospital - the other shots were taken right after her birth - which was drug-free also. Not especially by choice - they didn't offer anything - and I guess I didn't think to ask!


I do remember that Dad and I didn't agree on a name - I wanted Eliza and he wanted Anna Magdalena. So I said to the nurse - on the delivery table - which was actually a delivery chair the hospital had just acquired and Dr. Stebbins was pretty excited to be trying it out - "Don't you think she looks like an Eliza, and not an Anna Magdalena?" And the nurse wisely said, "Oh, Anna Magdalena is too big for this little girl!" (Eliza was 7 lbs. 12 oz.)

I wanted Eliza Roxy - but Dad thought that was "too cute" or something - so we agreed on Marie - although Eliza has used Eliza Roxy a time or two!

We are excited to give Miss Selander a name - but until then we are just excited to meet her!!

No comments: