Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kids Say the Darnedest Things!

I should take pictures of Dylan and George, so you can envision this exchange.

Ray, reluctant new kid in my Study Skills class: "I'm working as fast as I can." (He wasn't!)

Dylan, apparently trying to show solidarity with his new classmate: "You know we have slow brains, Mrs. Terrill, that's why we're in this class."

Mrs. Terrill: "You don't have slow brains. You might have processing disorders, but no one in here has a slow brain. Stop making excuses."

George, random as usual: "Someday we'll all have gills anyway."

(Mrs. Terrill guffaws heartily - much to the amazement of the rest of the class.)

Maybe you had to be there.

4 comments:

Eliza said...

that got an lol from me!

Betsy said...

That sounds exactly like something Toby would (and has) say/said. I totally get that.

Leslie said...

Ask your students if they have seen Waterworld. Possibly one of the worst movies made but humans did evolve to having gills! Leslie

grannybabs said...

Harry made that comment about Waterworld also - I vaguely remember it, but don't know anything about it.