Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Oh this busy, busy week!!

It has been a busy week at school and at home, getting ready for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. Our district is giving us the whole week off! I'm not sure why, but I'm not questioning my good fortune to not have to use up my "no reason" days to take a trip to see Eliza and Hannah.

Robbie sent this photo - called it "Theo, waiting for Grandma and Grandpa to come."

But the days before a trip always seem to be hectic and crazy - and this week is no exception.

But there was a quote on the daily "Need to Know" at work today that I thought I would share with you. It made me stop and think - especially after I'd gone to Marshalls and bought a new Christmas tree skirt!!

"You can't have everything - where would you put it?"

Someone named Steven Wright said that. And he's got a good point. Especially as I'm trying to pack for 8 days using one carry on bag only!!

3 comments:

Diane said...

I forgot that you were going east for Thanksgiving. Lucky you. Have a great trip!

bonny with a Y said...

excellent point!

he is a comedian - so of course he would have insightful wisdom.

grannybabs said...

Oh, I've never heard of him!!