Thursday, November 12, 2009

Memories


Memories are funny creatures. Odd events trigger them. They are usually different for everyone. And they are often random.

I was thinking that I should post something on my blog. I couldn't think of much that needed saying - at least that needed saying into cyberspace! So I grabbed the top photo in my "to be scanned" box - and this is what I found.

It's obviously in the '80s. We are living on Lime. We have Bonny's bird Hiccup in his/her cage. (Can't remember the gender!!) Damond and Harry look like they just wanted to smear Halloween make up all over the place. Maybe this wasn't even Halloween??

We still have the copper plate that's shown hanging above the fireplace. The jacket Bonny is wearing was one I bought at Bullock's Wilshire when I was in college and paid more than it was worth, probably. It was camel's hair - and I was so impressed at owning it. I actually never wore it much - I kept thinking the perfect occasion for wearing it would come about - and it would be there in my closet, ready to do its job! (Those were the exact reasons it took me so long to actually get rid of it - once it made it to the dress up bin, I figured it was time to let it go!)

And do you notice how many LA Dodger hats are in the family photos from the '80s? (And the basket below the birdcage was around until just last year, when I finally gave it the boot as they say!)

And the pottery pitcher on the mantel - purchased from a U of U Art Show - met its demise in the earthquake of '91. (But I actually still have it in its damaged form - I really don't know why either.)

How's that for funny, odd, different - and random?

No comments: