Thursday, July 28, 2011

There oughta be a law!


I think there is some kind of natural law here at work. Last week, when we had Calvin, Porter, and Harry here for a sleepover, we got to bed pretty late. We had spent the day at the beach, then had been at Bonny's for dinner and racing about their property. I was certainly tired, but was up a bit later getting things in order. I assumed everyone would sleep late, since they sometimes do, and since it had been a long, tiring day.

Wrong! Porter was up at 6:45 - bright-eyed and ready to go. I have to admit that the kids were not crabby, as tired adults sometimes are! It's hard to be annoyed with someone who is so cute too!

Last night, Eve, Esme, and Annika had their second sleepover night in a row. We got them to bed relatively early, after chocolate milk, Milanos, and stories from Grandpa Bob. Eve had to be at gymnastics by 9 a.m.

Of course I had to wake them at 8:15!!

It still goes against every fiber of my being to waken a sleeping child!!

No comments: