Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Moms and other great women I know!


There has been a lot of focus these past weeks on Harry and Dawn and their excellent, loving care of Baby Jonah. Others have referred to their wonderful family in general, and that is all true. But this one photo made me think of what a great Mom Dawn is. She is truly devoted and dedicated to her children. She tries to anticipate their needs and meet them. She is meticulous about their physical care and grooming. She sits down and plays with them, thus teaching them how to entertain themselves - which they all do really well.

For the last two weeks she was focused pretty much on Jonah's care - as well she should have been. But she was always aware of each of her children and their particular needs. She was quick to help the rest of us know what we could do for them. And she was quick to reassure them and answer all of their questions. The way they are processing everything is reassuring to the rest of us. She and Harry both prepared them well for this experience in their lives.

I know lots of great moms, and I could make a list that would require a new website, but right now I want to let Dawn know that we are so grateful that she is part of our family. The best thing Harry ever did was find Dawn!!

3 comments:

Jacob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amy k said...

Whenever we have visited and stayed with Dawn, I notice how calm and patient she is. She is a fabulous mom and I know I could take notes from her!

Eliza said...

I have thought the same thing lately. I mean we always knew it but Dawn was just so wonderful through this. She does take such good care of her kids, and took such good care of Jonah but also paid attention to the others throughout his life. I could really take notes too.