Sunday, October 30, 2011

Some thoughts

Dawn commented after dinner tonight that today marked the point where Jonah has been gone as long as he was here! Some days it seems like yesterday - other days it seems long ago.

Life goes on - the kids are excited about Halloween. Marjorie fixed a feast today - since she's leaving on Tuesday. Harry will be honored as Officer of the Year at a dinner on Thursday night. Eve has a competition on Saturday morning at Citrus College.

But we remember. Harry made a lovely slide show, accompanied by the Dixie Chicks singing Lullaby. Dawn and Harry will go select a marker for Jonah's grave. It will be nice to go and visit - it's a lovely spot.

Many of the lovely floral arrangements have withered. There are some lovely plants though, that we continue to enjoy.

Always there will be spot in my heart that only Jonah can fill. I will have to be content with the memories. And the anticipation for the reunion we will one day enjoy.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I remember marking off significant times after we lost Mason. It's very hard for a while.

traci said...

Barbara, I have been racking my brain my brain, trying to come up with something that I can do for dawn and Harry so far away. Little Jonah touched me deeply, and I never even had the opportunity to meet him. Last night an idea came to me, but I need your help. I need a few pictures of Jonah (digital copies). The best kind would be top of head, feet, hands, maybe one that shows him all wrapped up. The simplier the picture, the better. Could you please email me a few? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Traci

grannybabs said...

Traci, Harry has photos like the ones you request on his computer - I will try to get them off to you. Do I have your email address?

grannybabs said...

Got the FB message Traci- will send what I have and try to get some from Harry.