Monday, October 31, 2011

A different sort of anniversary


It's been a week since we laid baby Jonah to rest. It seems like death is marked by all kinds of anniversaries. I'm not sure why, but I find them comforting. It is nice to put order into our lives for one thing. For another, it is a nice way to keep the memories alive, by finding a specific place for them.

I have not gone to visit the gravesite, but I want to. I guess I just need to plan it, so it will happen. Dawn says the flowers from the top of the casket still look lovely.

My friend Pam called tonight, just to talk about Jonah and what his life - and death - had meant to me and to all of us. It was comforting to go over his life - and death - with her. Every time I speak with someone about Jonah, I feel a little more "settled," if that is the right word.

Thanks to all who still want to listen.

No comments: