Saturday, February 25, 2012

Now I know why I don't watch TV!


Harry and I are pretty famous for not watching much television. We have in years past - way past in fact since they were the years in Centerville! But nothing has really piqued our interest I guess. We try random shows now and then when they come highly recommended. And we did love the Hornblower series.

But then the iPad came into our lives - and Hulu streaming!! Now we climb in bed and catch the latest of our current faves. Since Doc Martin ended - and the new series won't be available until April, we decided to investigate Downton Abbey - I know, we come to popular culture late in the game.

And it smacks a lot of Upstairs, Downstairs. But hey, for old-timers like us it doesn't really matter. We can't even keep track of the characters we are watching, let alone remember episodes from 30 years ago!!

I think TV watching per se was too hard to schedule in. When you can see it when you want to, it seems to work better. We did start watching William and Mary, another BBC series, and we do watch it - when we remember - on Thursday nights - but we aren't sure yet whether we really like it.

Such decisions!!


5 comments:

Amy Girl said...

Loved Downton Abbey

Alice said...

We are now into season two and really like it. I especially like the costumes.

Karen said...

I also loved Downton Abbey.

I watched it online, not on TV, so it fit into my schedule better. I don't seem to remember when shows are on TV.

Like Alice, I like the costumes. I enjoy how the story covers the 'upstairs and downstairs'(like the old show, right?)

hanner said...

welcome to the club, mama. maggie smith is easily the best part about that show!

Phoebe said...

We are in the middle of Season Two and loving it. So nice to have something good to watch!