Sunday, April 15, 2012

Not much going on!


I spent the weekend at Mom's, since Harry is off running in Boston. And I was feeling bad about not being in Boston!! But I ended up having fun - playing Scrabble with Mom and Mary, eating good home-cooked meals - mostly compliments of Mary - and visiting with Greg and his family. We also attended Kylie's homecoming report on her mission. But I neglected to take any photos!!

So instead I browsed through Donna's photos online and found this little gem - it's Eliza on Grandpa Clayton's lap - Donna says the occasion was David's wedding reception. This would be 1984 I think. And don't you see a resemblance to Isla??

Eliza was a very shy, quiet toddler and child. She wouldn't go to everyone. But she had a special affinity for my dad and preferred to sit on his lap rather than be down playing. Once she grabbed a hot curling iron and burned her hand. She was inconsolable - so my dad picked her up and went out walking with her. And she calmed down (we had ice on her hand the whole time, lest you think we weren't taking care of her!!)

No comments: