Friday, April 06, 2012

The Week Winds Down

The week moves on - and we stay busy and tired!! Yesterday we walked to the Post Office - we've been walking daily - at least I'm getting my exercise - and the kids don't complain too much!! We try to alternate our routes and I try to tell them stories about the places we pass. Fortunately they haven't heard most of them!!

Yesterday I took Eve and Porter to see Mirror, Mirror - and it was funny and delightful - I highly recommend it! (I've been having Molly babysit each day while I drive Eve to gymnastics - and yesterday was Eve's "day off" so we wanted to do something fun.)

We need to get up early tomorrow for the Egg Hunt at Rec Park - fortunately it's across the street from Harry and Dawn's house.

Today we plan to get the eggs dyed. At first it seemed like the week stretched ahead of us - but it's winding down quickly!! And we haven't done everything we thought we'd do. Dawn left a big bag of activities, but we haven't gotten to all of them. We did Easter lollipops - but I'm not much of a candymaker - so maybe the kids would rather stick to walks to Library Park!! I do know how to dye eggs though!!

The backyard swing and the playhouse are still popular. Having lunch at Wendy's has been a hit - the toys are pretty good. Harry W. ordered nuggets and fries - and when the cashier asked what kind of sauce he wanted, he said "hot dog sauce." The cashier then translated for me, "Ketchup!"

Oh these funny kids!!

And I did manage to finish the latest Maisie Dobbs - a good read - a little more thoughtful than the last couple of them have been - I am interested to see where she takes the storyline now. I think I should have been doing my homework for my autism class - but that wouldn't be as much fun!!

Sleeping boys!! The star turtle has had a workout this week - Eve takes him into the living room when the boys fall asleep so she can see the stars too.

And Porter dearly wants the living room floor for his bedroom - he thinks it's the best place - Eve does too though - especially since Grandpa usually makes a fire for her to fall asleep by!! She's a great helper - so she's earned that reward.

As you walk in the door, it's apparent that we have a few folks here these days!

The kids happily loaded up the plastic eggs for the family egg hunt at Bonny's.

And the scooters and tetherball are still popular too.

Harry and Dawn come in tomorrow night - we will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Amy Girl said...

I thought coming to your house was always loads of fun. I can see it still is. You are a wonderful grandma.