Saturday, April 21, 2012

On being ill!


I came home from school yesterday not feeling really chipper - and it only got worse - turned into a 24 hour bug of some sort.

Then Harry came home early from the temple - and he wasn't feeling well either.

So we've been feeling unwell together - which can have its perks!

I remember a day in the house on Lime when Harry and I were both under the weather - it was a Saturday.  The TV was in our room, so we mostly laid in bed and watched TV.  The kids came in occasionally - it was just Bonny, Harry and Phoebe then - to see how we were doing and to try to get some TV time in too!  Funny that I can remember that day so well.

A few years ago - like maybe 15 years ago - it was right after Christmas and we both had the flu - I recall Harry looking up a recipe for some kind of magic flu broth - in one of those self-healing books you get now and then - and actually it made both of us feel better.  (Later on that evening Jerry Meier came and called me to a calling - something in Young Women - so maybe it was longer ago than 15 years.  Time is a blur for me.)

Of course we don't have any clue where the recipe is anymore - or even the name of the book.  Hopefully we won't be getting the wintertime achy, fevery flu anytime soon!

Most of my sickness in our married life has revolved around morning sickness.  And every time I get a stomach flu bug I am reminded of that.  Yuck!  Not the best part of pregnancy.

But hanging out with Harry on a Saturday without interruptions or chores is not a bad way to spend a Saturday!

And I have quite a stack of books that need reading, so I haven't been bored!

The photo? The only one I could find of either Harry or I in bed in our p.j's.  Noah is the baby - and it's actually in St. George!


No comments: