Monday, August 06, 2012

Watching and Reading


Phoebe handed this to me the night we arrived in Portland - and it was a library book, so I had to get busy and read it!!  It was a pretty compelling read - about scientists in the Amazon jungle - but don't let that discourage you - I sat up until 2 a.m. one morning to finish it!!
 

These are photos of Ernest Hemingway and his first wife Hadley Richardson.
 

Don't you love the clothes?
 

Bonny handed this one off to me - it's a novel, but heavily based on facts and writings of Hemingway, Hadley Richardson and others - like F. Scott and company -  a good read also.

Phoebe had a pile of books for me to take home - some to Kyle M - so I had to get this one read so I could return it to him.  A compelling story once more - about mistaken identities and stalking and famous people - and a good read.  Let me know what you think!!  I had started the Ann Patchett novel Bel Canto a few years ago and could not get into it - needless to say I will try again!!  Phoebe commented that all of her books are so different.  And they are - but they have a great story as a common denominator!
 

Figured I needed a book to read on the flight home - so picked this up at Target.  The cover said, "If you are having Downton Abbey withdrawal, you need to read this!" It was a good story - a lot like watching Downton Abbey!!


Phoebe had gotten this on NetFlix - I don't even remember it coming out - but it's very entertaining - give it a look see - how can you go wrong with Steve Martin, Jack Black and Owen Wilson??
 

And of course we've been watching the Olympics - here and in Portland - I can't recall ever watching this much of the Olympics!!

So I've been keeping busy - keeping my mind sharp!!

No comments: