Thursday, November 01, 2012

A month of Thanksgiving!!


So I was thinking that with a new month,  I would try each day to think of something I am especially thankful for - and maybe find a photo to go along with it.

I certainly have more than 30 blessings, but I'm thinking it will be good to reflect on them all - and maybe ferret out 30 of them to mention specifically.

Blessing number 1 - the gift of motherhood.  I am pregnant with Eliza in this photo.  And I'm pretty sure that is Jamie in the photo with me.  Pregnancy has its ups and downs.  It's mostly a positive state - but nausea and swelling and other discomforts can get tiresome.  Except in retrospect. And then you wonder why you complained because the result was always so worth it.

Being a mother is a wonderful blessing in my life.  The older I get, the more I value my own mother.  The more I see in her the great love and sacrifice she endured for each of her children.  And the older I get, the more I love and value my own children.  What a joy when they call and express their love and appreciation.  What fun it is to see them and play rounds of Golf with them - or Scrabble - or just laugh and joke - especially the esoteric family jokes that no one else understands.  What deep and abiding satisfaction comes as you see your children becoming wonderful parents and adults themselves.

Children - truly an heritage of the Lord!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I enjoyed your thoughts here. What a great idea to write posts on what you are thankful for.

Eliza said...

I'm thankful that you're my mom!