Saturday, November 03, 2012

Thankful for

 our home.  Most of the world does not have the luxury of owning their own home - or even sharing their ownership with the bank for a few years.  It is a blessing I often take for granted too.  

On Halloween, as a group of somewhat older trick-or-treaters came to the door, I heard a familiar voice say, "This is Mrs. Terrill's house!  I didn't know that."  I smiled - it was a boy who is dear enough, but he doesn't always try or work very hard - he does not seem to value learning or education.  I was struck by his comment, though, when he saw me.  He said, "Well, you get to live in a really safe neighborhood, don't you?"

I do indeed live in a lovely, safe neighborhood.  And it is a blessing.

(This photo is from 1984 by the way!!  In case you wondered about the aluminum awnings - which Bruce always thought we should have kept!!)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Just yesterday I was saying how blessed we were to live in a house with furniture and other nice things (like warm comfortable beds!). So many in this world do not have these things.