Thursday, November 08, 2012

"Called to serve"


I am very thankful for the opportunity I had to serve for 5 years as the Arcadia Stake Relief Society President.  I confess that when I was called, I was a little over-whelmed.  I was a ward R.S. President and felt that I had hit my stride, that I knew what I was doing.  Now I'd have to start all over and learn a new job!!

When I was called, I kept hemming and hawing and saying, "I don't know what to say."  My sweet husband chimed in with , "Yes is always a good place to start!"

It turned out to be the best job ever!!  And a lot of that was due to the wonderful women I got to serve with.  Brenda was soon called as a ward R.S. President, then they took Amy for a ward assignment.  But Yukari was a great member of the team, and it was truly a blessing to have Trina on board.  Elizabeth and I were the only originals - and that was a special experience.  I don't necessarily miss the job, but I do miss my regular association with some pretty great women.

Yes is indeed a good place to start - it leads to blessings you didn't even know you wanted to receive!

No comments: