Sunday, November 04, 2012

When I count my blessings,


I count my sisters, one by one!!  I hesitated to write this - wondering if my brothers would be offended.  But then I figured out that my brothers probably don't even read my blog!!  Besides,  I'm thankful for them too, but there is something unique and special about sisters!!

Leslie is here from Nebraska for a few days.  Mother, Mary, Donna, Leslie, and I were sitting around in the living room and chatting and it was just great.  (We missed Alice and Joan!!)

Some of my sisters are younger than me, and I really didn't develop a significant relationship with them until we were all adults.  But that doesn't detract.  Growing up,  Alice was pretty much my best friend - I have often wondered how women grow up without a sister!!  Obviously lots of them do, but the Lord must have known that I needed one!!  (or two or three or four or five!!)

My own daughters are loving sisters too - and that is a blessing.  So are my granddaughters.  I never tire of telling the story of when Annika was born.  Ara, Ella, and Esme were staying with me while Bonny was at the hospital.  They hadn't found out the gender ahead of time, so the plan was for Bruce to call and tell Ara, and she could then have the privilege of telling all of us.

Bruce called, talked to Ara, and she then turned from the phone and said, "Well, now we are our own Little Women."

It is no coincidence that we all love Little Women too!!  (At least all my daughters do!!)

1 comment:

Alice said...

I always counted you as my best friend and it was a huge blessing in my life and has been even now. I just wish that I lived closer. One can only hope that that will happen one day.