Friday, November 02, 2012

Another blessing in my life


has been the opportunity to serve as a ward Relief Society president two times!  I wasn't sure it was a blessing when I was called - I was trembling in my boots wondering how I would do it.  But great counselors and a very supportive ward made the job a joy!
 
One of the blessings I was not particularly expecting was the opportunity to meet so many lovely women I did not know.  I didn't find them pining to come back to church, but they were all more than willing to be friendly and welcoming!  I think that's a pretty good trade-off!

The above photo is of 10 different Monrovia Ward Relief Society Presidents - and I'm delighted to be able to call each one a friend!

2 comments:

bonny with a Y said...

how did i not know you had been RS pres twice? when did this happen?

grannybabs said...

Well, I was president of Monrovia 2nd Ward R.S. Then the wards were divided and recombined as Monrovia Ward - and I was called again as R.S. Pres. in the new ward. I'm counting it as twice!