Saturday, April 06, 2013

A little Spring Break read-a-thon!!


I managed to read three pretty good novels during my spring break.  Having two 5 hour flights helped!!
This one is my book group pick - and it is quite good.  I had never heard of the book or the author, but I like his style!!  And the plotline was pretty lively - and there was a nice twist at the end.  Give it a go - I think I will check out some of his other books.  An overarching theme is education - but it's not pedantic at all.


In addition to True Sisters, my spring break picks included one more Sandra Dallas novel.  This one was a little more "pat" - predictable.  But it was a great airplane read - and when you have a 5 hour flight to kill - a great airplane read is what you need!  Although it took place in 1933, it felt much more "current" - maybe things were like that in the 30s, but that kind of kept it a little out of sync for me.

I think I have one more to read - and then I will have read all ten of her novels!!  I like her style, so I may try out one of her non-fiction books too.

2 comments:

Phoebe said...

Our book group is reading Whistling season this month, too! It was the LO pick of the year last year so I have been eager to read it.

grannybabs said...

I will be interested in your take on it. I think I will try some other of his books - I like his style. Lake Oswego is really in the forefront literaryily - kudos to your town!!