Sunday, April 07, 2013


I probably post this every year at General Conference time - but it's not like I have an album full of General Conference photos!  (This was 1963 - my first time ever at Temple Square for conference!)

Anyway, I always enjoy Conference - and this year was no exception.  I sit and sometimes doze off.  Some years I stand and get all my tablecloths and cloth napkins ironed, but I wasn't feeling that energetic this time!!
I tried to keep my hands busy crocheting so I'd be less inclined to nod off  - and it worked pretty well.  (And I completed one pot holder too!)

I usually have to re-read the talks - or re-listen to them - it's a lot to take in all at once.  I loved seeing women give opening and closing prayers.  I loved hearing the Tab Choir - but did not like their pink dresses.  I wonder who their fashion consultant is?  (Is saying that blasphemous??)

Top marks to Elder Holland - I can't quote lines from his talk - but the feeling it gave me is still with me - so I will go look up and memorize the lines!!  (I still remember vividly Elder Bruce R. McConkie, in 1985, saying that even when he saw the Savior - and he knew it would be soon - he would not know it anymore than he did right now that he was the Christ - and the Savior of mankind.)

And President Monson!  Has there ever been a prophet who was quite as expressive as Thomas S??

Thanks be to God for Prophets - and General Conference!!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I agree. So many things stood out for me and answered my unasked questions and concerns I've had. Conference is fabulous!