Monday, August 26, 2013

1,000 slides!!


 Dad and I sorted through over 1,000 slides this summer - and whittled the number down to 1,004!  And then we sent them off to be digitized.  They actually arrived on Thursday - right after Dad left for Portland.  But I didn't recognize the return address and thought they were a box tools or drawer pulls for some job!  So I left them unopened all weekend - that is kind of amazing for those who know and understand my somewhat impatient nature!

I thought of posting them on FB, and I will do some there.  But a lot of them are really just interesting to Harry, Barb, and family, so let the posting begin!!  The above is Harry and Barb in Provo in the summer of 1968!!  Kind of shy and cute aren't we??


I love this shot of Dad - I haven't seen it in many years - but it may become my new fave photo!!
 

This iconic shot of Bonny brought smiles to our collective faces!!  This was in our bedroom - we had that bedspread for many years.  And the wicker suitcase always sat on a bench in our room.  And Bonny in her undershirt and "bubba" pants!!
 

Another shot full of cultural markers - the old record player, the stereo covered with South American flour sacks, Bonny and bib and "bubba pants" and her baby!!
 

Ah, Bonny - always ahead of the style scene!!  And our yellow VW - with the McGovern sticker on the back!!
 

And me - on the leaning tower of Pisa - with Lynn Stieffel and Pattie Nieman!!

Watch for more to come - Dad and I were in "hog heaven" laughing and smiling and reminiscing.  Does this mean we are getting old??

Don't answer tha!

6 comments:

Eliza said...

Mom, I am totally loving these. Can't wait to see the rest!

Karen said...

These are wonderful. I am lookimg forward to more!

bonny with a Y said...

i love that you sorted through 1000 slides and narrowed it down to 1004. maybe you sorted through 10000 slides? either way, that's a lot of sorting.

the photos are beautiful - glad you got them scanned

bonny with a Y said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grannybabs said...

Well - there were 1080 and we went down to 1004!

Phoebe said...

Love these photos, too! BTW ran in to Lynn Steifel at the Temple last week. Fun to see her!